Anemia is a condition wherein the hemoglobin levels in the blood are below the normal range. The lack of hemoglobin and red blood cells results in a reduced ability of the blood to transfer the required oxygen to different organs and tissues of our body. This condition causes weakness, headaches, paleness, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, and low blood pressure. Lack of sufficient iron and other essential vitamins increases the severity of anemia, which is why a balanced diet is of utmost importance for anemic patients. Foods such as white bread, sugar, desserts, and white rice do not give our body much nutrition, and especially lack the much-needed iron. Iron supplements can be taken, but iron is best obtained in its natural organic form: fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
Home Remedies To Cure Anemia
- Fruits such as apples are highly effective for anemic patients. Having two or three apples a day or having one after every meal helps the body maintain its iron levels. One can alternate the apples with apple juice mixed with honey or sugar. This juice should be had once everyday.
- People suffering from anemia should start their day by having a glassful of warm water with honey and lime. Honey helps build hemoglobin levels in our body and also provides energy and strength.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 is also known to increase the severity of anemia. This vitamin can be found in animal protein, mostly in meats.
- Dairy products are also rich in vitamin B12, but there are no reliable plant sources of this vitamin. In severe cases, when there is not enough B12 in our body, a person is asked to take a course of eight to ten injections to increase the level of vitamins.
- Almonds too are a great source of iron and vitamins. Soak a few almonds in water every night, peel off the skin in the morning and have the almonds raw. Doing this regularly for three months could work wonders.
- Beets are also known to be very helpful in curing anemia. Raw beet or beet juice contains a lot of minerals and nutrients. The high iron content in a beetroot helps in the formation of red blood cells and increases resistance.
Though these remedies make take a while to show results, they are often the best ways to cure anemia. Medicines will help you cure the problem temporarily but there are high chances of the condition recurring. For chronic anemia, a lifestyle change and natural remedies are the most effective treatments in the long run.