Wrinkles are considered to be the first sign of aging. For the same reason, they are dreaded by men and women alike. This is indeed true, but wrinkles can also be caused by reasons other than age such as over exposure to sun, smoking, drug abuse and excessive alcohol consumption. Though there are a lot of products sold over the counter that claim to reverse the phenomenon quickly enough, the sad part is that most of these hardly ever work. But that does not mean that wrinkling of the skin is an invincible challenge. There are a number of simple home remedies that can help the skin retain its youth and keep those wrinkles away.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Wrinkles
- Natural oils are a godsend when it comes to fighting those creases on the skin. Massage coconut oil gently on to the skin using your fingertips. Repeat this every night before going to bed and you will soon find a youthful glow radiating out of your skin.
- Castor oil is another excellent natural oil that you could use. Apply it on the skin, especially under the eyes and leave it on for a few hours. Make this a daily habit to expedite the results.
- You could also mix turmeric and sugarcane to form a fine paste and apply it on the skin. This remedy too is successful in getting rid of wrinkles.
- Juice of green pineapples too could be used on the skin with considerable success.
- Seedless grapes are another remedy. Crush them directly on to the skin and leave it for about half an hour. Now gently wash with warm water and let it dry naturally. In a few weeks, you will actually find your wrinkles considerably reduced.
- Egg whites applied on the skin also help reduce wrinkles.
- Cleaning the face of any grime is a must in treating wrinkles. Make it a habit to wash your face at regular intervals. Use a gentle cleanser, preferably an herbal one.
- Never rub your skin dry; pat dry instead. Go for regular facials as the massaging improves circulation which in turn helps tighten the facial muscles and tissues.
- Do not use creams with harsh chemical composition in the facial though.
- Maintain a healthy, balanced diet. Eat a lot of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
- Flax seed oil also proves extremely effective when a tablespoon of it is consumed at least four times a day.
- In addition, drink a lot of water as this helps to keep your skin hydrated.
- Moisturize your skin regularly and always wear sunscreen before stepping out into the sun.